Backcountry Ski Tours
Let’s go backcountry skiing into the spectacular and wild regions of Gros Morne National Park. Our backcountry ski tours cater to each group’s interests and we provide all ski equipment and instruction. And the best part is, no experience necessary!! Previous snowshoe, ski experience or a willingness to learn is all that’s required.
Plan the ultimate ski weekend. Ride in style with a chauffeured snowcoach tour to the remote mountain basecamp of our backcountry ski huts.. Explore the rolling terrain with your guide during the day and return to your warm cozy cabin in the evening.
SKINS ON & SKIS UP!!
No Experience Necessary
We use Altai Hok backcountry skis on all of our Gros Morne ski tours.They are shorter and wider then a classic backcountry ski and come equipped with a customized binding that can fit any style of winter or hiking boot. This style of ski is extremely lightweight and user friendly, with tough built in ski skins for traveling up hill and help limiting speed on any descents.
Day Tours & Multi-Day Packages
Our Gros Morne backcountry ski tours take you through the snowy mountain paradise of Gros Morne National Park. We offer day tours, and all inclusive multi-day backcountry ski packages including accommodations, evening activities, snowmobile shuttle, backcountry guide and mouth watering Newfoundland cuisine.
Experienced Professional Guides
We were raised here, now we live, work and raise our own families here. We are a Parks Canada and Newfoundland & Labrador registered, certified and insured outdoor operator. Our guides are true outdoor professionals trained in adventure tourism, avalanche safety, wilderness first aid and survival and are equipped with a first aid kit, GPS and communication devices.
Ski Equipment Included
WHATS INCLUDED IN YOUR GROS MORNE BACKCOUNTRY SKI PACKAGE
Backcountry Ski Day Tours
- Provincially licensed guide, experienced & local to the area
- Backcountry ski rental
- Baked treat & warm drink
- Hiking poles
- Gros Morne National Park Pass & snowmobile permit ( if needed)
- Dept. of Transportation (DOT) approved helmet (if requested)
- Emergency and first aid kit and satellite communication device
- Backcountry ski safety lesson and orientation (if needed)
All Inclusive Multi-Day Backcountry Ski Packages
- All Accommodations, both front country and backcountry
- Daily home cooked hearty meals, including a full breakfast, packed lunch and 3 course Chef designed dinners
- All transportation including airport shuttle & snowmobile shuttle
- Activities such as snowmobiling, snowshoe, bonfires, stargazing
- Provincially licensed guide, experienced, insured & local to the area
- Backcountry ski & pole rental
- Newfoundland & Labrador Snowmobile Federation day pass
- Gros Morne National Park day pass & snowmobile permit
- Dept. of Transportation (DOT) approved helmet (snowmobile use)
- Emergency first aid kit and satellite communication device
- Backcountry ski safety lesson and orientation
CUSTOMIZE YOUR BACKCOUNTRY SKI PACKAGE
Our Gros Morne tour packages are highly customizable. If you have an idea in mind for a specialized itinerary just contact us and we’ll create a custom backcountry ski itinerary just for you. Here are some examples of custom packages we have designed for previous guests.
Private Couples Ski Retreat in the Mountains
Women’s Exclusive Backcountry Ski Trips
Stay in Our Backcountry Ski Huts
Pair With Our Other Activities for the Ultimate Winter Weekend
ALL INCLUSIVE SAMPLE ITINERARY
We hear it time and time again. Our guests choose us for our focus on designing the absolute best Gros Morne winter tours catered specifically to each group. We take great pride in making your dream Newfoundland winter tour happen. And although every group is different, we have included a sample four day all inclusive backcountry ski itinerary to give you a better idea of of just how awesome this trip is and what to expect.
STAY IN THE BACKCOUNTRY
Turn your exciting ski adventure into a unique multi-day mountain experience with a stay in one of our Backcountry Ski Huts. These warm rustic off grid cabins are located high in the Long Range Mountains on a remote glacier carved pond and provide the perfect base camp for your Gros Morne winter expedition. Spend your days exploring skiing the rolling terrain and your evenings with food, friends and a crackling wood stove.
Ride the Snowcoach In
BOOK YOUR GROS MORNE BACKCOUNTRY SKI TOUR
You’ve read all the info, you checked out the pictures, and if we did our job right you can almost picture yourself relaxing around the fireplace in your warm cozy ski hut after a day skiing through the backcountry hills . Now its time to book your tour!! Just fill out the contact form and our travel coordinator Rebecca will contact you to work out the details of your Gros Morne backcountry ski adventure.